BIPOLAR DISORDER TREATMENT IN SAN DIEGO
Achieve Concierge provides diverse and multimodal treatments for bipolar disorder as part of a total wellness experience for our patients. Our bipolar disorder offerings combine pharmacology, psychotherapy, life coaching, and other therapies to treat the entire person, and our expert mental healthcare clinicians work closely with each patient to deliver personalized care and support. Thanks to our comprehensive approach to mental health therapies, we are one of San Diego’s premiere bipolar disorder treatment centers.
WHAT IS BIPOLAR DISORDER?
Bipolar disorder is a brain disorder that affects a person’s mood, energy, activity levels, and ability to perform everyday tasks. The disorder affects approximately 3% of U.S. adults, and often emerges in a person’s early 20s, according to the National Institute of Mental Health.
Research from the National Institute of Mental Health also indicates that bipolar disorder may be linked with genetics, stress, and brain structures. The condition causes “mood episodes,” periods that affect an individual’s sleep patterns, behavior, and activity levels. Mood episodes generally fall into two categories: manic and depressive. During a manic episode, an individual may experience high energy levels, difficulty sleeping, agitation and/or irritability, and/or feeling “up” or elated. Comparatively, during a depressive episode, an individual may experience feelings of sadness and/or hopelessness, low energy levels, trouble concentrating, eating too much or too little, fatigue, and/or suicidal thoughts.
There are several subtypes of bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar I Disorder: Classified by manic episodes that last seven days or longer and/or severe manic symptoms, as well as depressive episodes that last at least two weeks.
- Bipolar II Disorder: Classified by a series of depressive and hypomanic episodes.
- Cyclothymic Disorder: Classified by periods of hypomanic and depressive symptoms that last at least two years.
- Other Disorders: Classified by bipolar disorder symptoms that do not correspond to any of the aforementioned categories.
Proper diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder from a professional is essential. Untreated bipolar disorder symptoms can both endanger the person suffering from symptoms and also put incredible stress and strain on their loved ones. If you or a loved one is experiencing bipolar disorder symptoms, meeting with the mental healthcare clinicians at Achieve Concierge will help you receive an accurate diagnosis and explore effective treatment options.
THERAPIES FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER
Common bipolar disorder therapies include:
- Medication: Mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and other medications are sometimes used to help patients alleviate their bipolar disorder symptoms.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy treatment for bipolar disorder enables patients to discuss their bipolar disorder symptoms with a mental health counselor and find ways to cope with these symptoms.
- Lifestyle Changes: Exercise, meditation, a healthy diet, and other lifestyle changes often complement the use of psychotherapy and/or medication to treat bipolar disorder.
As one of San Diego’s best treatment centers for bipolar disorder, Achieve Concierge provides a combination of bipolar disorder treatment options, including medication, life coaching, and psychotherapy. We also provide each patient with a custom treatment plan for bipolar disorder designed to deliver long-lasting results.
WHY DO PATIENTS CHOOSE ACHIEVE CONCIERGE TO TREAT BIPOLAR DISORDER SYMPTOMS?
Achieve Concierge has a simple goal: to deliver the highest level of mental wellness care with unmatched personalized service. We provide evidence-based bipolar disorder therapies that ensure all patient needs are addressed successfully. In doing so, we help bipolar disorder patients achieve long-term symptom relief.
SCHEDULE A BIPOLAR DISORDER TREATMENT CONSULTATION WITH ACHIEVE CONCIERGE TODAY
Achieve Concierge is available to meet with individuals to discuss bipolar disorder treatment options. To schedule a consultation with Achieve Concierge, please contact us online or call us today at (619) 393-5871.