- WHAT CAN PATIENTS EXPECT FROM YOU AS A PROVIDER?
Patients can expect me to be a psychologist who is compassionate and an empathetic listener, in addition to having a thorough understanding of common diagnoses that impact student learning such as ADHD, Anxiety, Autism, and Dyslexia. I am passionate about conducting in-depth and comprehensive psychoeducational assessments to identify a student’s strengths and weaknesses. My goal is to provide families with answers to their questions about how and why their child may be struggling to learn. Additionally, I have a strong working knowledge of how to translate psychoeducational assessment results to an educational setting that supports learning differences. I am also proficient in a variety of counseling tools and curriculums which help children and adolescents identify triggers, feelings and coping strategies. My team-based approach of working with the patient, family, and educators increases the generalization of self-regulation strategies across the home and school environment. I look forward to being on your child’s team!
- WHAT DO YOU SPECIALIZE IN? (IDENTIFY TOP THREE)
- ADHD and Autism
- Learning Disorders (Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia)
- WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT AS A PROVIDER?
I am a uniquely qualified provider because I have 15 years of educational experience as a teacher and as a psychologist in the schools, in addition to being a parent myself. My experience in education has been an asset in identifying students’ individual learning needs and appropriate interventions. My extensive counseling experience and specific training in trauma-informed care have crafted my ability to connect with children, increase their self-esteem, and help them develop resilience. In addition, I am passionate about supporting students with executive functioning deficits through motivational counseling and support.
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA?
I was born and raised in Southern California, specifically in San Diego. I have lived in California all my life in cities such as San Diego, Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo.
- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR FAMILY?
I am incredibly fortunate to have a wonderful husband, daughter and son. We are a family who values empathy, resiliency, teamwork, and, of course, lots of love and laughter. We try to give our children the support they need and deserve while trying not to take ourselves too seriously. We emphasize being present and mindful when together as a family. We enjoy spending time as a family watching sunsets at Torrey Pines, traveling along the coast of California, and having impromptu dance parties in our kitchen.
- WHAT SORT OF INTERESTS OF HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE?
I enjoy time with my family, going to the beach, cooking, and traveling. I also enjoy being active via yoga, pilates, cycling and hiking.
- CAN YOU RECOMMEND FIVE RESOURCES FOR YOUR PATIENTS?
- For information on education and learning differences: www.understood.org
- Meditation: Calm or Headspace Apps
- For Movement Breaks: Go Noodle or Cosmic Yoga,
- Book for Parents: The Everything Parent’s Guide to Children With Executive Functioning Disorder by Rebecca Branstetter
- Book for Parents: Smart, but Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare